From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including:
We are seeking a strong Land Construction Manager to oversee horizontal projects. In this role, you will:
Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land development construction through successful delivery of all lots to Construction Department.
· Coordinate on-site construction activity for the scope of work and subcontractors & field consultants as necessary.
· Manage construction schedule to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with the business plan.
· Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe; storm drains; concrete and amenity construction.
· Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy.
· Regularly review all active development projects, including other construction activities as may be assigned from time to time, to verify work in progress, contractor activity, and manpower.
· Coordinate inspection process in cooperation with site contractor. Schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
· Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors; enforce safety regulations on all job sites.
· Ensure that finished lots are delivered to construction department in accordance with division standards.
· Interact daily with various departments of company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants and jurisdictional agency representatives.
· Work with construction department to resolve finished lot deficiencies.
· Regularly review construction budget and manage change order requests, pay applications, retainage and final payments.
· Enforce OSHA safety requirements, ATSSA traffic control standards and NPDES sediment control BMP’s
· Prepare and submit weekly progress reports
· Maintain project files and records.
· Other duties or projects as assigned or needed.