From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including:
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:
To serve as the key agent for Meritage Homes, post closing. Responsible for new homeowner satisfaction and resolution of new homeowner concerns. And, to coordinate and conduct post-close home inspections and new homeowner orientations; respond to and resolve customer service requests.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Schedule and attend pre-close walk-throughs, conduct new homeowner orientations, and complete 21 Day new home inspections.
• Attend Register of Contractor (ROC) inspections and follow-up on all corrective work orders with the subcontractor responsible for the work.
• Schedule and meet with homeowners to review/resolve post closing warranty repair and service requests.
• Evaluate actual vs. perceived problem to determine the root cause. Make a determination with regards to whether the problem is an item that is clearly covered under the warranty guidelines, if there could be a warrantable item that is underlying the current problem, or if prior repair of a warrantable item may have caused the problem.
• Resolve customer issues deemed to be outside the scope of the warranty. Determine when Meritage Homes should cover the costs of repair within the “spirit” of the warranty in order to satisfy the homeowner.
• Manage the scheduling of subcontractors with homeowners for timely completion of warranty requests; ensure the work is performed in a timely manner.
• Oversee and inspect the work of subcontractors in accordance with “the spirit” of warranty guidelines, the Register of Contractor Standards, and Meritage Homes’ quality standards. Obtain customer sign-off for satisfactorily completed work.
• Initiate cost effective resolutions to customer warranty and satisfaction issues.
• Verify and submit invoices for work deemed not to be the responsibility of a subcontractor or product manufacturer.
• Respond to emergencies to meet customer service expectations.
• Analyze and understand manufacturer’s recommendations for the use and application of their products, product features, and warranty provisions and explain/demonstrate them to new homeowners.
• Identify trends and resolve issues in a proactive manner; recommend corrective action to include withholding of payment to subcontractors, and discontinuance future contracts with subcontractors.
• Work with the Customer Care Team, the Community Construction Manager, and Sales Associates within a team approach to customer satisfaction and the delivery of a quality product.
• May repair or otherwise fix minor items impacting homeowner satisfaction such as replacing electrical outlet face plates, caulking, touch up paint and other similar small items.
• May repair or otherwise fix items in the community model home.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma, two or more years of college is preferred
• Familiarity with the construction industry; training in one or more trades is strongly preferred
• Minimum of four (4) years of Customer Service experience preferably in the construction industry
• Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn warranty specifications, industry terminology, and standard construction processes and practices
• Must be able to analyze construction deficits or product problems to determine the root cause, and determine solutions to produce the desired outcome; often under pressure
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, must be responsive to customer needs while maintaining a high degree of professionalism
• Daily interactions with new homeowners, subcontractors, vendors, and all levels of employees
• Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills to handle/diffuse situations and customer concerns in a positive manner
• Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both construction industry professionals and to customers
• Team Player; and demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams
• Sound judgment with the ability to make good decisions under time pressures
• Accurate; with keen attention to detail
• Self directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight
• Analytical; with the ability to give, receive, analyze information, and interpret complex issues in order to determine the root problem and make effective decisions to bring the issue to a successful conclusion
• Highly organized and flexible; with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances, in a high-volume fast-paced work environment