Meritage Homes Charlotte is seeking a Customer Care Associate that thrives on excellent customer service, high volume in a fast pace team environment. This position requires someone with the ability to work independently and closely with our Meritage Home Owners and Trade Partners. Customer Care Associates (CCA) resolve warranty claims by visiting Meritage homeowners to inspect issues, make the determination if claim is eligible under the warranty guidelines, and then work to resolve warrantable claims quickly. CCA’s are responsible for claim resolution in multiple assigned communities and work from their own vehicle.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma, two or more years of college is preferred
• Familiarity with the construction industry; training in one or more trades is strongly preferred
• Minimum of four (4) years of Customer Service experience preferably in the construction industry
• Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn warranty specifications, industry terminology, and standard construction processes and practices
• Must be able to analyze construction deficits or product problems to determine the root cause, and determine solutions to produce the desired outcome; often under pressure
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, must be responsive to customer needs while maintaining a high degree of professionalism
• Daily interactions with new homeowners, subcontractors, vendors, and all levels of employees
• Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills to handle/diffuse situations and customer concerns in a positive manner
• Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both construction industry professionals and to customers
• Team Player; and demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams
• Sound judgment with the ability to make good decisions under time pressures
• Accurate; with keen attention to detail
• Self-directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight
• Analytical; with the ability to give, receive, analyze information, and interpret complex issues in order to determine the root problem and make effective decisions to bring the issue to a successful conclusion
• Highly organized and flexible; with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances, in a high-volume fast-paced work environment
From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including: