Meritage Homes has an opportunity available in Houston for Customer Care/Homebuilding professionals who want to take their careers to the next level!
What the position involves for YOU:
• Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of construction in new home projects to include the start, finish and closing of new homes.
• Assist with coordinating on-site construction activity for the scope of work and for all trades.
• Supervise the warranty-service work of laborers and sub-contractors at several home sites within a community.
• Inspect subcontractors work for quality standards.
• On warranty repairs, ensure all building codes, Register of Contractor Standards (ROC), and Meritage Home standards of quality are met. Resolve quality control issues as they arise.
• Participate in the 10 step AVID-Customer Satisfaction process in assigned communities.
• Assist as time permits with the inspection process. Conduct walk-through inspections and other scheduled inspections with the homeowner.
• Conduct Quality Assurance walks on homes nearing final orientations Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors; enforces safety regulations on all job sites.
• Manage customer expectations during the construction process through the homeowner orientation.
• Interact daily with various departments of company, subcontractors, homebuyers, homeowners, and city inspectors.
• Manage assigned warranty claims in organized and methodical manner.
• Manage paperwork flow to include updating reports, tracking customer sign offs, etc.
• Manage warranty reports to assure prompt-professional service to our homeowners.
• Interact with customers and interpret warranty claims vs. Meritage warranty manual.
High school diploma or equivalent. Course work or degree in Construction management preferred.
• 4+ years construction experience with some supervisory or project oversight experience.
• Advanced training in one or more trades within residential building industry strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of homebuilding and construction systems/processes, building codes and Register of Contractor Standards (ROC).
• Must be able to read blueprints to maintain quality control and inspect all aspects of construction including framing, stucco installations, electrical, plumbing, etc.
• Excellent Customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Hyphen a plus.
• Knowledge and use of a wide range of hand and power tools.
• Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology.
• Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner.
• A high degree of professionalism, tact and ability to influence others.
• Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and organize work flow with multiple interruptions.
• Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary.
• Ability to operate an automobile, have a valid state drivers license, and personal vehicle liability insurance coverage to meet standard set by Meritage Homes.
From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including: