1) Manage Job Set-up/Scheduling - This will require a communication with the Construction Manager (CM) to determine the actual pour date. Based upon that pour date, all lumber drops are determined and staggered into the release for even flow of trade base, and entered into BuildPro. If pour date changes, all lumber drops and subsequent trades for the homes in this release must be rescheduled. Meritage Forward initiatives regarding the “batching” of trades are incorporated at this time for trades up to the Stage 2 Framing phase. During this activity, any missing trades on the schedule are communicated to purchasing to resolve contractual or integration errors with the system.
2) Updating/Rescheduling – All maintenance to keep BuildPro up-to-date. This will require daily communications to communities to identify which, if any, trades/task completion date failures have occurred (and if defects have been submitted) and new task completion dates are confirmed and entered into BuildPro. This may only be a 5-10 minute review of daily issues that takes place before noon. Additional “batching” per Meritage Forward will be implemented for trades beyond the Stage 2 (i.e. – Windows , exterior doors, Batt & Felt, stock sheetrock, etc).
3) Gives support to SCI manager regarding overlap of schedules (possibly due to delay of previous releases) with new releases that may affect start/completion dates.
4) Reports template issues to the SCI manager which may require to modifications. Assists CMs with purchasing integration issues as needed to eliminate conflicting scheduling dates per trades with late options adds, and works with SCI manager to resolve missing data/PO issues for trades.
5) Assists SCI manager in identifying and tracking trends in internal issues regarding BuildPro update failures due to untimely reporting by CMs, early payments, CM scheduling at the field level, and failure to adhere to centralized scheduling. (i.e. – Pulling trades from one job to use on another without informing the area managers and the SCI manager).
6) Provide data as needed to internal and external users as needed.
*May need to some auditing and/or scheduling support through site visits 1-2 times per month.
From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including: