We are seeking a strong Land Construction Manager to oversee horizontal projects in the Greater Atlanta area. In this role, you will:
• Ensure that finished lots are delivered to construction department in accordance with division standards.
• Manage the lot condition assessments and turnover from Land Development to Construction.
• Determine additional foundation requirements based on finished lot conditions.
• Assist Purchasing in budgeting and pricing lot conditions based on initial plans.
• Update lot condition and foundation pricing based on final field conditions.
• Routine site visits to make sure lot condition recommendations are being followed.
• Manage SWPPP compliance.
• Enforce OSHA safety requirements, ATSSA traffic control standards and NPDES sediment control BMP’s
• Coordinate on-site construction activity for the scope of work and subcontractors & field consultants as necessary.
• Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy.
• Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors; enforce safety regulations on all job sites.
• Interact daily with various departments of company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants and jurisdictional agency representatives.
• Regularly review construction budget and manage change order requests, pay applications, retainage and final payments.
• Prepare and submit weekly progress reports
• Maintain project files and records.
• Other duties or projects as assigned or needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College degree in Construction Management, preferred
• 5+ years off-site/infrastructure construction experience with increasing levels of project oversight experience.
• Experience with grading, underground, street improvements and landscape improvements construction
• Degree in Construction Management may be substituted for up to 5 years of experience
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! Meritage Homes offers a variety of different careers and is dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. We are the first top 10 homebuilder to make every home 100% ENERGY STAR® certified, creating a safe and controlled environment for everyone. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including: